Top 5 Black Hawk Area Trails You Must Try This Summer
Black Hawk is surrounded by some of the best mountain biking trails in Colorado. Just minutes away from Golden Gate Canyon State Park and many other trailheads along the front range, you don’t have to go far to find a trail that’s right for you. Escape to Black Hawk this summer and knock some of these trails off your mountain biking bucket list.
1. Mountain Lion Trail is a difficult, 7 mile long trail in Black Hawk, CO. The loop is extremely steep with a great technical descent. It is known to be challenging, but well worth it.
2. Mule Deer Trail in Golden Gate Canyon State Park is 9 miles long with an average grade of 5%. Mule Deer is a generally rocky trail with some challenging switchbacks along the way.
3. Centennial Cone Trail is 17.2 miles long, located near Golden, CO. The trail has a nice mix of open meadows with some rocky, more strenuous areas. It is a challenging ride, but very popular among riders.
4. Silver Creek Wagon Trail is a singletrack, 6 mile long trail, running between Georgetown and Dumont. It is a fairly easy scenic trail with a just few technical spots. The gorgeous views of the valley are a must see.
5. Golden Gate Full Pull is a tour of all the trails Golden Gate Canyon Park has to offer. It is 24.6 miles long, with an intense amount of technical climbing and about 4,700 feet of elevation gain.
After spending a day on the trails, head back to Black Hawk and treat yourself to some delicious dining at one of the many restaurants in town! Better yet, stay the weekend and check out everything else Black Hawk has to offer—from gaming to lodging—you’re sure to have a great time.