Black Hawk welcomes visitors back on June 17, 2020. As one of the top casino gaming destinations in Colorado, Black Hawk is working with the Gilpin County Board of Public Health (GCBPH) to provide guidance on the reopening of casinos.
Beginning June 17th at 8 a.m. casinos will begin operating under the following guidelines:
- Machine gaming will be available, table games will remain temporarily closed until further notice
- Dining, entertainment and lodging have been addressed under Safer at Home and Vast Great Outdoors. For property-specific operating procedure detail, please visit the casino websites.
- In order to achieve 6 ft social distancing, the limit pursuant to this variance is 50% of the posted occupancy code limit ensuring a minimum 28 square feet per person not to exceed more than 175 people at any given time in a confined indoor space, and 250 people in any outdoor setting.
- Employees and contracted workers shall be monitored daily for symptoms, and symptomatic employees shall be excluded from the workplace and isolated until they are fever-free for 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since they became symptomatic.
- Provide accommodations for employees at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 who remain encouraged to follow the Stay at Home requirements.
- Require signage on doors telling guests that are experiencing COVID-like symptoms not to enter, and recommend that the sign posted at the door is the CDC sign.
- Bus systems used to transport patrons must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in between rides and at the end of the day.
For full public health guidance and resources, click here.
Updated June 11, 2020