Top 10 Hiking Trails Near Black Hawk You Must Try
Have you had the chance to get out and explore Colorado’s beautiful trails this summer? Here are the 10 best hikes near Black Hawk for you to try! We’re just minutes from Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs so what are you waiting for? We have trails ranging from easy to difficult, so we’re sure you can find one that’s perfect for your next Colorado hiking adventure.
1. Saint Mary’s Glacier is a 1.9 mile trail, perfect for families and people of all skill levels. At the top you will find amazing lake views.
2. Diamond Lake Trail is a moderate 5.6 mile hike near Nederland, Colorado. This is a popular trail for hiking, camping, and backpacking.
3. Grays and Torrey’s Peak are two popular 14ers––a mountain peak with an elevation of at least 14,000 feet. These are the 9th and 11th tallest peaks in Colorado. The peaks are connected by a three-quarter mile saddle, making it the perfect opportunity to conquer both peaks in the same day.
4. Squaw Mountain Trail is a 4.1 mile trail that features beautiful wild flowers and can’t miss views. It is an easy hike that is great for all skill levels.
5. Mountain Lion Trail located in Golden Canyon State Park is a 6.6 mile loop along a river. This trail is accessible year-round.
6. Peaks to Plains Trail in Clear Creek Canyon Park is a 6 mile paved path for those who want a more stable hike. Walk alongside Clear Creek and enjoy the fresh mountain air.
7. Mayhem Gulch Juniper Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile loop that features a waterfall. You can only hike on the odd numbered weekend days, while even numbered weekend days are reserved for biking.
8. Mount Evans Summit Trail is just 0.5 miles long, a perfect hike for families with children. You will have the chance to witness wildlife and amazing views of the Rocky Mountains.
9. Burro Loop Trail is full of history dating back to the 1840s, when settlers moved here in search for gold. Take a trip back in time, and explore a variety of landscapes and scenery on this 4.9 mile hike.
10. Black Hawk Peak Trail is only 3.5 miles from Black Hawk and is a relatively short 4 mile hike. After a short climb you will find an old mining town to explore before heading back down.
Make it a Weekend in Black Hawk
Escape the city for a weekend of hiking and exploring the mountains. Spend your days on the trails then head back to Black Hawk to test your luck at the casinos, indulge in some delicious food and stay one of our many hotels. Be sure to share your hiking adventures with us on Facebook and Instagram by tagging @visitblackhawk. We’ll see you in Black Hawk soon!